Academic Personal Tutoring plays a crucial role throughout a student’s time at University and beyond and is at the heart of our LeedsforLife commitment to empower students to be successful in a way that is meaningful to them.
LeedsforLife is being refreshed as part of the University’s focus to continually improve the experiences of our students. As part of the LeedsforLife refresh project, academic personal tutoring will support students as they work towards their academic and personal goals by using a new range of digital systems, including PebblePad and Learning Analytics. New guidance has also been developed to support academic personal tutors (APTs) in creating a sense of belonging for their students.
To support APTs through these changes faculty briefings are being held along with essential training:
A series of Faculty briefings were held in June and July 2021. Links to recordings of the faculty briefings in Stream can be found below (50 minutes).
- LeedsForLife Refresh: Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Cultures Briefing
- LeedsforLife Refresh: Faculty of Business Briefing
- LeedsforLife Refresh: Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences Briefing
- LeedsforLife Refresh: Faculty of Environment Briefing
- LeedsforLife Refresh: Faculty of Medicine and Health Briefing
- LeedsforLife Refresh: Faculty of Social Science Briefing
- LeedsforLife Refresh: Cross Institution Faculty Briefing
Essential training for academic personal tutors
We are providing essential training sessions for APTs. Dates are available to book from July-mid September and this training is for all APTs, from those new to the role to experienced tutors. Find out more information and book on the training.
APT support resources
Additional resources to support you in your APT role can be found on the LeedsforLife Tutor Resource Portfolio which is due to replace the Academic Personal Tutoring Minerva organisation in October 2021.